Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Nasty Dip


Local ladies had a pot luck and plant exchange the other day and I brought this dip which I tried to copy a dip I had at my now moved neighbor's house once. The main ingredient is nasturium flowers. I used a block of cream cheese(yes, low fat), two tablespoons sour cream(yes, low fat), a tablespoon of mayo(nope, fat as the dickens!), and a couple good squirts of lime juice, a good splash of hot sauce. The sour cream and mayo are to make the cream cheese dipable, so substitute yogurt, non-fat milk, or whatever. The lime juice still helps for background flavor. I didn't very much salt or herbs because I wanted the nasties to come through. I added about twenty flowers as I was food processing the rest, taking their stem ends off, but leaving the inside flower part. At the end I pulsed in a few more for color and wished I had picked more, but basically 25-30 flowers would be good or less of everything else. I served it with de-stringed snap peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...