Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Diary 5/10


Rain, again! It is pouring outside. Working on laundry room floor rebuild from old leak damage, and maybe have time to read. I am reading the book Fields of Plenty (A Farmer's Journey in Search of Real Food and the People Who Grow It)by Michael Abelman which was lent to me by a friend, who read me like a book. I needed this book. I have been a little discouraged this year about lots of things, but even the garden. It is not the usual overwhelmed feeling that will come sometime in July or August. This was different, a more pervasive doubt. I have enjoyed this book and the fact I am part of all that he is seeking and pointing out. Yes, it is hard work for the $. Yes, your house and everything else can fall by the wayside while the garden looks great. Yes, you will not always know how the food you grow affects so many others. Thanks to the inspiration from this book, I think I will feel better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...