Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Diary 5/4


These fake owls do work to a certain point. You need to move them around some or the birds catch on. We had one on a metal post that swung around in the wind and made some clatter noise, too. I think that worked well and I will set up again soon. This owl is here to protect this little apple tree from young buck deer challenging it horn to branch, a battle it lost its top to last fall. Since the owl arrived, no deer action. The shiny flagging tape works to keep birds from the cherries and berries also. It flickers and makes them edgy. I need to add more as some pieces have been hauled off by ravens as souvenirs. I saw a piece about two miles away in the forest hanging from a hardwood tree. Sunny day, weeding onions and asparagus. Small water pipe disaster, but mended now (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...