Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Diary 5/6


Nice day. Nice to have some sun and the plants really responded to it. Went fishing this morning as it warmed up from 27 degrees. No salmon for dinner, but always nice to be on the river. Neighbor came to help this afternoon. We weeded the three lower beds of onions. I weeded most of the upper ones Tuesday. The rye grass cover crop is growing taller and we still cannot till. Have mowed some areas to help dry them out, but still in a holding pattern until we get a few sunny days in a row. Trying to get the last plants in the ground from planters. Tired of baby sitting. Have still suffered the effects of "bad soil mix" and done some experiments to understand where I went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...