Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Drip Systems 101


Drip irrigation is not hard to put together. We recycle as much as we can, up to five years or when the algae in the emiters won't let water through. Have quite the collection of fittings from over the years and try to keep systems in the same areas year to year to make it simpler. Sometimes it just doesn't work out and you have to adjust. Here I am adding in two more lines to an exsisting system. The yellow poker cuts a hole in the 1/2 " tubing where I insert the pokeys, the nippled fittings. The drip lines will be cut to get a new fresh edge to slide onto the other end of the pokey, and screwed down to form a tight seal. The connectors are there in case the new recycled lines have any holes in them, more than two holes, they are out of there and I am off to find some more to use. I have some lines coiled and marked, for corn for instance, so that I can just unroll and plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...