Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Diary 5/7/11


Found three morel mushrooms while gathering firewood on our property.  It has to be just the right combination of moisture and warmth. I wasn't really looking for them, but I have developed an eye for seeing these "gnome's caps" rising above the forest floor.  Just three, but still fun. We ate some a couple weeks ago from forest fire area.  That is the best place to look; where a fire was the year before.  It sterilizes the ground and eliminates the competition so that the tender morels can come up. It is best to soak them in a little salt water to get rid of any mites.  The three I picked today are super fresh, but I will still soak them ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...