Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Diary 5/3/11

Perfect day, perfect weather.  Not too hot, but nice and sunny.  Getting lots done.  Cleaned up one of the five strawberry beds and shoveled a skiff of mulch onto it.  Planted tomatoes in the lower greenhouse, looks like warmer nights ahead, so I got brave.  Gopher ate one of the early tomato plants.  That and a delphinium have been victims.  I have a plan.  I will let you know if I have any success.  For now, I have put the hose down the hole and yelled.  Not sure the gopher cares, but it worries Garden Dog and makes me feel better. I also yelled at Gopher Getter as he was thinking a swallow would make a good breakfast... Yoga tonight, ahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...