Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Diary 5/17/11

I fell asleep before I blogged yesterday!  That is how hard I worked.  I shaped two beds in the top greenhouse and planted 16 Costa Rican sweet red peppers in the one bed, and 21 SuperTasty tomatoes in another after adding 2 wheelbarrows of compost and turning the holes.  I even stuck a few basil plants in a third bed.  I have 12 more to plant, but want to see if the first 4 take off or if I should keep them in their planters for another week or so.  After harvesting 8 pounds of asparagus, we decided to check out a morel spot we picked a few in last year and they were there!  Then just to top off the day, took an optional 1/2 mile hike back to the truck. No insomnia for this kid last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...