Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Diary 5/19/11

The orchard is in full bloom.  Looks like it is going to be a good fruit year. It cleared off last night and there was a full moon.  Usually that might be a certain combination for a hard freeze, but it didn't do it last night so I am thinking that maybe we are done with all that.  So, in that spirit, I planted peppers outside today.  I also planted a bed and a half of onions, but they don't care if it freezes or not. If it stays dry over the weekend, we should be able to till beds for corn, the biggest space consumer of all the produce on the farm.  Corn is also a hog when it comes to using nutrients from the soil and water, too.  It almost doesn't pencil out except it is soooo good! I have melons and pumpkins up in planters, but they can wait at least another week before they need to go into the ground.  Then the only other plants I have to transplant are a few leeks and some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...