Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Diary 5/25/11

Happy onions

Hail storm

Poppy lover
Hard rain today.  Good day to do inside stuff and get to town for this and that.  Had a heck of a hail storm this evening that lasted about 20 minutes piling up on the rocks across the canyon like snow pack. The onions I planted yesterday are very happy, so is everything, though it is still very cold. I wanted to reiterate how east drip line systems are to put together, once you have done it a time or two.  In the time it takes standing there watering once, you can put together a drip system for the entire season. Have courage, give it a try. Low, but effective, water use, no watering where there is nothing planted, less weeds because you are not spraying water outside of beds, parts are easily recycled year to year. Glad I took pictures of the poppies because they are wiped out by the hail...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...