Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Diary 5/4/11


Turned a bed that had over-wintered broccoli in it to make a place for the second succession of beans.  Kinda makes me nervous not to have any broccoli for a few weeks.  Boy, is there asparagus, though.  It has been waiting under the surface for some dryer, warmer weather.  It arrived yesterday and today, so it is coming up with gusto. The orchard is in bloom.  The plums and cherries are full on.  The apples are just starting.  The flowering quince is just on the brink.  Last year, I actually got some quince despite neglect.  I am going to pay better attention to it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...