Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Diary 11/8


It was beautiful at the old garden site by Elk Creek the other day.  The leaves were at their peak and starting to fall.  There are big maples down there.  Maple leaves on the whole are not as acidic as one might think.  Oak leaves are much more acid.  Hope to collect some leaf piles for potato area next year.  Did some leaf piles this year and had some very clean Yukon Golds come out of an area where oak leaves were crudely stirred into the soil. Worth trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...