Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Diary 11/5

I planted annual rye grass just ahead of the rain storm of a week ago, and the subsequent sunny days have urged it to sprout.  Luckily, I think it is up enough to grow into the thick grassy mat I need it to before the snow and freezes are here for the duration.  The cover will help prevent soil erosion, compaction, weeds, and so much damage from paw and hoof prints from winter visitors.  It is a tenuous green fur now, but give it a couple more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...