Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Diary 11/26

Open range cows got into one of the greenhouses.  Seems a bit late to worrying about range cows, but they spent that coldest night in the lower of the two greenhouses devouring everything that was in there which included some pretty nice heads of romaine.  I feel like getting political. Meanwhile, the other greenhouses have some winter vegetables for us.  Insects and caterpillars are finished for this year and won't be back for awhile.  A pair of towhees are living in the upper greenhouse.  The male has a beutiful black head and rusty stripes along his wings.  The female is non-desriptly buff colored.  I think they are eating all the seeds of whatever that is left, maybe cherry tomatoes ( the dead hump in the background).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...