Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Diary 11/2


Voting Day.  If you don't vote, you shouldn't complain.  Brought in tomatoes to ripen.  Still fairly dry in the greenhouses, so rot is at a minimum.  If the greenhouses were sealed up, it would be even dryer, but might also cause more condensation with temperature inside so much warmer than outside.  Tricky to make vegies happy for a couple more weeks of production.  A good amount of figs were ready yesterday.  Made a barely red tomato and fig with basil leaves salad from the fig heaven cookbook( 70 recipes for the world's most luscious fruit) by Marie Simmons (thanks, Ada) with dinner last night.  Good contrast of flavors, sweet fig, acid, and a different sweetness of basil.  Put the rest of the figs in the dehydrator as I see the weather will be in the 70's the next few days, so more will ripen. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...