Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Diary 11/30

It is so gloomy outside it might as well rain, which it will this afternoon.  Sounds like a rainy week ahead.  Have been putting two game cameras out to see who's about when we are not.  Mostly we have deer, now that the range cows have moved on.  There is a couple does and one fairly young deer, a spike buck with only one short horn on each side, and a buck with three points on his antlers on one side, and four points on the other.  He is not the BIG buck that has been spotted on our driveway.  These deer may or may not stay here for the winter.  That is part of what we are learning.  If the weather continues to be cold and snowy, they may keep dropping to a lower elevation for the winter. There have been a few photos of foxes, too.  I would have expected more of them than the camera is catching.  We get an occassional blue jay on film, and have filmed elk, dogs, raccoons, and even a ringtail cat. One morning last spring, I thought I saw a marmot on our deck...no pictures, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...