Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Diary 11/12

The last of the leaves are falling and piling up everywhere waiting for rakes and blowers.  I kinda hate for this season to be at an end and the long dark days of winter to lie ahead, but on the other hand it is a sort of hibernation for farmers who may have worked sixteen hour days in the mid-summer months.  Still gathering tomatoes that are pink to ripen to red in a warm house.  Making chow-chow tomorrow, give or take a baby...assembled the parts anyway.  A small blurb about snow at the end of this next week, we'll see.  Otherwise, need to put some irrigation away and roll hoses up where they are not buried under snow for the winter.  Most of the outdoor crops have slowed to a crawl.  The deer have figured out how to paw away the berry netting, so time to roll it up and store it in a dry place for spring.  Cover crop almost a continuous green mat now.  The soil rests, as do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...