Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Diary 11/20

Our first snow made the deck and lawn white and coated the trees just a bit.  It is all gone now as it was sunny mid-day and now clouded up to do it again I guess.  Got to the greenhouse for some herb and vegetable picking.  The cold ahead will finish off the figs which continue to produce, though they have lost their sweetness.  Picked savory and sage for the turkey dressing and some cilantro, cherry toms, and misc. for salad and cowboy salsa in the next day or two.  My neighbor was there to help the rescue of things left to harvest.  We found happy spinach which I hope to make into a wilted salad for dinner.  We cook bacon and make dressing using the grease for oil, adding vinegar and salt and pepper.  Then it is poured while still fairly warm to hot over the greens.  You have to eat it right wawy while the greens still have some crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...