Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Diary 5/19/13

The new tips on the Douglas fir tree show how much new growth it has.  The weather has been great for the early growing season. The Madrone trees are suffering from what looks like a fungus.  Not sure what is going on.  They really had a couple rough years when the web worms attacked.  Last year wasn't so bad for them.  Now this year, something is going on with their old leaves.  The trees in our yard are blooming like never before, and I worry it is their last hurrah. Will keep my eyes on them and check about fungus and maybe a virus they may have for whatever reason.  After 90 degrees a couple weeks ago, we are expected to have a cold spell this week with temperatures only getting to 60 during the day and close to a frost at night. Beware fellow gardeners in the PNW.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...