Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Diary 5/5/13

Wildflower Show went well.  We didn't have much of a crowd, but the folks who did attend, spent money, so we still raise some funds. There was a sharp learning curve for me and I will make the next person a folder of what I learned.  For now, I am happy to start new things as the organization of this even has taken an enormous amount of time. I have learned to look closer at the world around me, and I will take that as the gift from this experience.  I was a successful event planner, I would say, it just isn't what I want to do. The thunderstorms they predicted for this afternoon happened. As we were cleaning up the show, lots of fireman's radios were going off.  I drove home through three small fires about 9 miles away. It is cooling down and not much wind now, so they probably got a handle on them.  Still, it is early for such nonsense!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...