Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Diary 5/26/13

Worked in the yard some, at the back of our small pond.  We made a new area and planted a plum tree.  I put in a  watering system and started landscaping the edge.  We are setting large upright stones making sure they cannot fall over by any means and then planting day lillies as a border in front of them . I have some small zinnias and petunias for color to put in also.  It will take a week or two before it looks like much and I will take a photo at that point.  For now, I am happy to have some progress there.  I am still trying to clean out the top greenhouse from weeds and put down landscape cloth as I am finished with tending that area for this year. The other two greenhouses are filling in nicely and I have enough food for us for sure in there! In fact, too much of several things I am having troubl
e gauging how much will be enough. I will buy some cover crop this Tuesday and get the various turned fields that we have not been farming into grassland for this summer and maybe a more interesting cover for next year., something pretty but easy to maintain like crimson clover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...