Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Diary 5/7/13

Lots going on in the garden today.  Finally got the tiller on the tractor yesterday afternoon and opened up one chunk of area before the thunderstorm arrived with 3/10ths of an inch of rain-perfect. The soil was terribly dry.  Today another two areas were tilled and they look so much better for the addition of moisture.  More due this weekend. Meanwhile, I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, peas, onions, lettuce and cabbage in the main greenhouse I will be growing food in, while Allen turned two beds and weeded most of the rest.  Looking good and feeling like I was back on top of gardening again. Though the grass in some areas needs trimming, it is all so green and lush right now, I love it.  Went out to make sure all gates were closed as there had been a cow siting, and noticed lumps on the ridge top across the canyon.  Sure enough it was bears.  Came home for binoculars and ended up spending the next half hour watching a great big mama bear, a medium sized cinnamon colored bear, and a wee little baby bear also pitch black who was running all over the hill having so much fun on the outing.  I have been checking to see if they circled back up the hill and so far I have not seen them. So maybe they went down to the creek and who knows, may come through the garden tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...