Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Diary 5/17/13

Got my last piece of tile cut last night, so maybe I will have a chance to grout soon.  Looking forward to it as I think it will be much easier than mortar and fun to see the result as you do the clean-up. Pulled a few carrots to see how they were sizing up.  It is OK to do so especially if you have not totally thinned them.  If you did not thin them, it is best to do so or you just don't get any size to your carrots and they will twine around each other which makes for interesting anthropomorphic looking carrots sometimes, but just not as useful.  I ended up chopping some of the tender tops and putting them into the elk hash I was making.  They tasted like carroty
parsley and no doubt full of vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...