Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Diary 7/7/11

Weeding, weeding, weeding.  With the rain last week, all the beds received enough water to sprout any and all weeds in them, so I have been working on rows before they get too big. Allen, Mel, Butch,Cheryl(tomorrow, but don't tell her) and anyone else who is foolish enough to stop by have been helping get a handle on it, too. Lucky to have pretty good soil most places, so weeds come out readily.  The places where the soil is tighter like in the raspberries, I water the night before to make it much, much easier to clean up.  The birds are getting the cherries.  There are a couple of trees just getting ripe and the birds are picking the fruit already.  I am going to make some scary faces on paper plates and add some shiny tape for hair and hang them here and there in the trees that are left.  I will let you see how that goes soon.  For now, I have a dots of somewhat wild sweet peas here and there, I think from homesteaders.  Simple surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...