Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Diary 7/5/11

Trying hard to stay up with the weeding.  Have tackled the raspberry rows again and the asparagus needs help soon.  Mel, where are you? I see things changing daily.  The tomatoes are gaining on sizing up.  I ate a couple more cherry tomatoes today.  Pretty soon it will be handfuls and then basket fulls and then more than one can imagine coming off of 6 plants! Strawberries are blooming with gusto and the few green berries are much larger than the first crop.  I think they will come on at the same time as the raspberries, should be interesting.  The boysenberries are way behind.  They are often ready for 4th of July-not this year. Several families of wrens learning to fly in the greenhouses.  I haven't been encouraging you know who to come to the garden until flight lessons are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...