Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Diary 7/25/11


Worked on old blueberries.  They are not doing well.  Part of the problem is the deer continue to nip at them every time they pass by.  Thus, they have small foliage here and there.  That, and the nutrient level is still not quite right.  So, after adding acid mulch like crazy, I gave them Liquid Fish fertilizer to try to urge them out of their chartreuse green to emerald. Then covered them with netting-which I could use a few more feet of.  Anyway, they looked greener before I was done!  I have high hopes for these 20 year old, 2 foot tall blueberry bushes.  On the other hand, the table grapes are looking good after a cleaning and mulch a few weeks ago.  They have set a huge amount to grapes.  It is amazing how much comes off this small patch of vines. Once harvested, the grapes hold when cool and dry for at least three weeks. Then, they turn to raisins! I am not good about spraying, so all the grapes get is fresh mulch and water. Easy keepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...