Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Diary 7/12/11

Scary paper plate

One potato, two potato
The unusual weather continues with a cooler cloudy week and even a cloud burst this afternoon.  So much weeding to do, and now a little more as the rain will sprout more weeds along the edges. Potato patch is looking really good.  Hope there are nice potatoes hiding under all that mulch.  It is quite the treasure hunt when we get to dig them out- one of the best jobs of the garden season.  The cherry tree scare tactics seem to be working.  The area where I hung the faces has been left to ripen, as have the adjoining branches of the next tree over.  It is messy looking, but I am in it for the cherries, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...