Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Diary 4/6/11

I am tired of complaining about the weather, so I will just say it has not broken its pattern yet.  In fact, there is some prediction of a little snow for the morning.  I am going to start some cucumbers and squash tomorrow anyway, and then some more for the Wildflower Show.  If the weather breaks, or should I say, when the weather breaks, I will be glad I did.  I saw a Varied Thrush in the yard this morning.  I tried to get his picture, but he saw me and that was that.  They look quite a bit like robins, but have a black v that looks like they are wearing v-neck sweaters.  Our old neighbor called them Alaskan robins, and we call them leaf flippers because that is how they find their food.  They are definitely ground feeders.  They must be passing through one direction or the other.  I moved this rattan couch into the area I talked about constructing for repose and maybe yoga in the greenhouse. Bare fig tree is waiting for some sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...