Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Diary 4/12/11

Cold, but sunny.  Weeding and cleaning up around greenhouses.  Have to make another batch of soil, and then that may carry me through for quite awhile.  Just using 2 parts compost(very old and stable compost), 2 parts peat moss, and 1 part Perlite.  That's it.  That is the good ole soil mix I have used for years with success.  So back to basics.  Cherry plum is blooming.  It makes small fruit that can be used for mindless snacking (say instead of chips, for instance).  They are ready whenever the summer Olympics time of year is, second week of August-ish.  This year will be different, though.  Everything will be late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...