Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Tomato staking




When the tomato plants are about 12 inches high(or less), I like to put a stake next to each one. They seem to gain some confidence from the process, like, "Oh, there's my stake." As the plant continues to grow, leaning into the stake, I tie them together loosely in three or four places. When the plants are close to the top of the stake it is time to add the fencelike frameworks. You can see the downhill framework in place(with Hobbs tending his worm in the background).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...