Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Diary 6/25


Nice day, but as hot weather is coming this weekend, we put the shade cloth on the lowest, warmest greenhouse to protect some of the baby plants in there. As it cools off next week, I will peel it back off to keep the sun coming and the temperature up in there. Just don't want any plants to fry with 94 degrees air and possibility of 100 in there. Really seeing some growth. I may be sorry about where I placed the melons at the ends of the beds as they are sure to take up the entire area. The garlic is getting close to finished. They have that bedraggled look that watering doesn't change a bit. The one bulb I pulled has some definition of cloves and will finish swelling over the next week. I won't water the garlic beds anymore and let them harden up. It's amazing how they know we have had the longest day and are now prepared to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...