Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Diary 6/19


Grama Boot's Green Beans consists of green beans, potatoes, and a little bacon if you want. Basically you fry some potatoes with seasonings and/or in bacon pieces if you choose, until beginning to be soft, add water enough to cover, and snapped green beans. Cook for another while until beans are fully cooked and broth has absorbed flavor. The proportions of each can vary as to what you have; less beans, more potatoes, more beans, less potatoes, it doesn't matter. Add a pan of corn bread and you have a meal. Growing bush green beans in the greenhouse is worthwhile. They don't take too long, 55-60 days, no framewark is necesssary, and they don't sprawl too far from where they are planted. All in all a good return for the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...