Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Diary 6/24


The potatoes are blooming. What I have heard is that each cluster of flowers is a potato, and each blossom in the cluster is an eye on that potato. I don't know if that is true or how the eyes can relate to the flowers, but I believe it anyway because that is just how amazing growing things can be. Think about each stamen on a raspberry flower being pollinated to form a single bubble of juice on the berry! Just wait until the corn has silk, boy oh boy, another story there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...