Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Diary 6/11



A visitor to the pond today, a western pond turtle. Glad to see him there, basking in the sun. About once a year they come to the pond, but don't seem to stay. Hoping this will be the year he does. Otherwise, I guess they move off to the creek where they have more food and shelter. I snuck all the way around the back side of the pond through the tall grass to take this picture so he wouldn't jump in before I did. Came home with a rashy arm and a plugged nose which is still a little itchy. The grass pollen doesn't usually bother me. It must be terrible for some folks this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...