Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Diary 6/22

Yesterday, I came out of the greenhouse to find Hobbs, the garden dog, sitting with a small house wren. I realized by the feathers sticking straight up from his head , he was a baby. The mother was cussing the dog and now me from the bush below her house. This was a first flight experience and the little fellow landed in the dirt where the dog came to hang out with him. Remember, this is the dog who befriended a worm last week! After the usual talk about not keeping a wild animal as a pet, the little guy flew off to the safety of the thick honeysuckle bush where his mother waited working with several other siblings and their first departures. She had her hands full. Off to finish weeding the worst of the raspberry rows and then start another one. Might do some frameworking on the last of the tomatoes that don't have a framework yet. Also need a bed to transplant cabbage babies into. Supposed to be fairly warm today, but cloudy tomorrow. Helper #3 heads out today:(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...