Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Diary 6/28




It is time to mow. The fields, though beautiful, will send unwanted weed seeds flying into the turned ground I haven't put the summer cover crop on. Everything is so late and a little confused. I believe I have made all the beds I plan to cultivate and take care of for this year. The open areas will be cover cropped, planted with a uniform planting that adds nutrients to the soil, shades out any weeds that would like to grow there, and prevents any erosion from rain or wind or severe drought. I want to keep those soil microbes happy. I think I am going to plant buckwheat and will buy seed this Thursday to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...