Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Zinnias


Zinnias like sparklers, watermelon, the smell of sunscreen, and the sound of the cicada symbolize summer to me.  The cozy warm feeling that summer can hug you with, that I can remember and imagine in winter, the only two more weeks I have to enjoy of it for now.  I have a few volunteer zinnias in the one greenhouse.  It is always fun to see what colors they are going to be. I also planted some plants of zinnias in a flower row towards the bottom of the garden that I started from seed.  They are almost overshadowed by the glorious sunflowers in the same row.  The zinnia's attention to detail on their many petaled faces is mesmerizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...