Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Diary 9/18/12


Beware of planting too many summer squash plants!  This is what I harvested off of two zucchinis and one yellow squash plant this morning.  Too many to eat?  Just cover with a damp tea towel and re-wet daily to keep squash fresh.  Refrigeration tends to dehydrate them as does storing on a kitchen counter.  They get rubbery when they dehydrate. Though are still useful in soups and such, this wet towel gives them just enough moisture in their vicinity to keep them happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...