Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, September 3, 2012

DIARY 9/3/12

I have a hard time thinning.  I am better at thinning carrots and spinach than I ever was up until now because I understand how I won't get much if I don't. Then there are things like peaches.  We have only the one tree.  It is the root stock of a failed nectarine, but it gives wonderful white peaches.  I know I am supposed to bang the branches with a two by four and make some of the fruit come off so the others will be larger, but I am reluctant.  I read a treatise about thinning in the Findhorn Garden book a long time ago that made me worry about the whole issue of thinning and how you pick which ones to remove.  It makes me think every time I do thin about which little plants will make the sacrifice so the others can grow.  I  also plant more frugally hoping thinning will be at a minimum. I think I may have waited too long to thin these peaches, so might as well let them go, thus avoiding the issue altogether :) !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...