Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Diary 9/12/12


 It is a pleasant surprise to find the chrysanthemums getting ready to bloom up a storm of color, while most of the other flowers are at the end of their blooming cycles.  The yellow mums on the deck make a good splash of color in the middle of the tired purple petunias. they keep so well when cut that I usually have some in vases until Christmas. Even the cheap plants in little planters they sell for not much money this time of year have transplanted well.  I never tie my old plants up well enough and they spill into the aisle with profuse flowers that force any passersby to admire them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...