Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Diary 9/15/12

Have you ever heard anyone remark about the amount of acorns being related to the prediction of a hard winter?  I think more study needs to go into it before one can make that call.  Last year there were very few acorns and it was indeed a mild winter. Two years ago it was impossible to walk across the top of the garden because there were so many acorns you might turn an ankle or at least fall.  By the time winter did arrive there wasn't one to be found.  They had all been hauled off by squirrels and birds. That winter was also mild which blows the hard winter theory out the window.  It could be that acorns come every other year much like most of our fruit trees produce.  There is also the fact that we were in La Nina for the last few years, now in the middle of summer I heard we had switched to El Nino, wetter and colder than the milder La Nina.  Use my blog search widgit for more info.  I talked about El Nino and La Nina earlier in my posts. Whatever, I am going to try to watch from now on, and note any correlations I can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...