Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Diary 9/2/12

salting makes them sweat

Ready to freeze
Busy day "putting food by" for winter.  I had three eggplants staring me in the eye on the kitchen counter.  We had eggplant a couple times recently and it wasn't in the plan for dinner.  Then I remembered my friend and neighbor, Deb, said that she would fry slices of eggplant up and freeze them to make eggplant Parmesan or eggplant burgers later. So, that is what I did. I salted the 1/2 inch slices to remove excess water, patting them dry after an hour and a half.  I made a coating of some panko and bread crumbs, dipping the slices in egg first to make the breading stick, I then fried them in hot oil. I put them out on a pan in the freezer until morning when I will bag them up.  I feel so domestic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...