Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Diary 9/17/12

I had this Praying Mantis visit me while I was folding laundry outside yesterday.  I run the dryer for just a few minutes before I hang clothes up outside and they are not stiff that way. Saves $ and conserves energy and if I have the time, I like the fresh smell they have from being outside to sun dry.  Anyway, this guy was headed across the top of the table I use and it is like a desert island for an insect.  When he crawled to the other end, I lowered an Oak branch which he recognized as his escape route immediately and climbed aboard.  I watched him climb up the branch slowly for the next few minutes while I was folding.  When I came back out after a half an hour, I couldn't spot him anywhere. They could be called "Preying" Mantis as they really like to surprise and attack their fellow insects.

1 comment:

  1. These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thank you for the post

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...