Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Someone was saying that wapiti, the native American name for elk means "ghost of the woods".  That is certainly true of this elk season.  The mating season is still going on and that is controlling their activities by keeping the elk up at night partying and sleeping all day, invisible in the forest.  And so it goes some years. The evenings with music will be missed as the hunters leave one by one returning to their lives elsewhere.  16 bags today was a challenge at this late date, but the berries were still abundant, though not over loaded as before.  The greenhouses have lots of options, just not a speedy recovery after pickig, so I tried not to over harvest as I have 9 bags on Friday and an order on Saturday.  Then next weeks bags, and I will close up shop for now.  The cold rain due this weekend should point the way to pulling more plants out before fungus sets in.  Still have cover crops to put in here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...