Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Diary 10/11

My girlfriend, Cheryl, does such a great job of decorating for the various seasons.  I think Autumn and Halloween are her favorites and she has a wonderful touch to displaying things.  For instance, she displays various bleached skulls from animals, something you might find while walking.  When she pokes dried flowers in their eye sockets it really softens the display.  She went to the trouble of having the book about spiders as the top one in her bookcase, just for Halloween.  This in addition to a very fine pumpkins, witches, ravens, spiders, etc. plus other black and orange items in various media.  I have pulled out my meager fall decorations and am trying to emulate her with my not so able touch.  Here is a small view in her repetoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...