Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Diary 10/8

Family here for birthday bash for granddaughter tomorrow.  Vegetable tray, strawberries, watermelon, and raspberry cobbler to pull together in the morning, all from the garden, of course.  Harvested the last of the outdoor melons today; Crimson Sweet watermelons, one about 30 pounds and few honeydews.  I still need to get the final few winter squash and then it can frost if it wants to, and I think it is going to on Monday night to Tuesday morning.  That really signals fall around here.  With some rain due over the weekend, the leaves should all start to put on their color show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...