Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Diary 10/13

Busy weekend ahead. It is the start of elk season.  The local herds were depleted by homesteaders and reintroduced in the 1970's.  The local population of elk is bursting and moving down into urban areas.  This doesn't exactly work.  They are better off up here in the woods where they thrive.  Herd size does need some controls and that is where the hunting season comes in.  This is my life, and elk are part of it.  I feel an affinity with the animal who will eat my cover crop all winter and on occasion, stand in my greenhouse as if he were in a barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...