Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Diary for 8/17


Big storm hit as I was headed out of Medford. There were dark swirling clouds, heavy cross winds, and leaves and birds buffeted here and there. A few lightning strikes by us, and one report of a fire, but we also had .o5 inches of rain that helped. The valley saw quite a bit more rain and even hail which I am thankful we did not. Hail can really shred squash and corn plants at this point in their growth. Watching as the first crop of raspberries on the old canes finishes up and the new canes are forming a huge crop to pick in a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...