Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Diary 8/21


Worked on harvesting the rest of the Red Torpedo onions this morning. Also began taking the Valencia onions out. They are very hard and a pretty orange skin, thus the name. I think they are going to hold well. Went on a huckleberry search this afternoon. There were some everywhere we looked, just not bunches anywhere. It looked as if folks had already picked along the roads. The further you hiked away, the more there were. Cool up at 4500 feet, though, and lots of bow hunters camping here and there. Checking waters this afternoon, I realized I might be sorry I planted this pumpkin in the greenhouse. Ah well, it is very happy as it takes over...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...