Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Diary 8/12


Tore out some spider mite infested beans this morning. It was sad, but I feel the best thing to do. Growing things in a greenhouse has many advantages, but it is an unnatural environment, so once in awhile, that perfect environment invites insects in an unnatural way. In this case, the dry air made for nice strong beans early, but spider mites were very happy to have the dry climate also. Also removed broccoli plants that were old and only making small heads. I have others I am harvesting and new ones on their way for fall. Harvest tomorrow with some junior help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...